Counting My Blessings
As Temi stated in her post, it is good to count your blessings and name them one by one.
Therefore, to review the month of August and September, I will be counting the blessings that God has given me during these months.
The blessings of the Lord far outnumbered any negativities that occurred in my life.
We have reached the tenth month of the year. Nine months ago we heard about COVID-19 in China and very quickly this disease spread over the entire world.
Even though a lot of controversies have surrounded this disease in the midst of it all we can see God working on behalf of His people by changing the outcome of the enemy’s evil plot.
The Lord is displeased with an ungrateful heart and so I want to take this time to count the blessings on this blog and name them one by one.
Counting and naming our blessings
The protection of the Lord is ever-present and always sure. He protects us even when we are unaware of the danger that lies ahead.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. (Psalms 91:1-4)
2. The occasional small tokens that we received to let us know that we are appreciated.
Be ye strong therefore, and let not your hands be weak: for your work shall be rewarded. (2 Chronicles 15:17)
3. The Joy of the Lord has strengthened us to continue the good work that He began in us.
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: (Philippians 1:6)
4. The blogging world is a great place to obtain free writing tips and resources.
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19)
5. Nothing in this world can separate us from the love of God.
In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. (1 John 4:9-11)
6. The plots of the enemy have been exposed and God wants us to remove the mask of pride so that our nation can be healed.
A man’s pride shall bring him low: but honor shall uphold the humble in spirit. (Proverbs 29:23)
7. No major hurricane has hit the Caribbean so far. Thank you, Lord!
8. The Lord understands our struggles. He even weeps with us at times.
For we have not a high priest who cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. Let us, therefore, come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need. (Hebrews 4:15-16)
9. The saints of God have tremendous power over the enemy because we are crowned with the anointing oil of the Holy Spirit.
Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. (Luke 10:19)
10. All our sins have been cleansed and forgiven by the Lord Jesus Christ.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. (1 John 1:9)
11. The Lord has given us the best of the oil and wine.
12. No uncircumcised philistine giant is able to defy the army of the living God.
13. Social distance is teaching us to be more organized and patient. It is a pleasure going to the banks or other business places because the inside is less crowded and more organized.
14. The children have started a new school year and they are learning to cope with school and COVID-19.
15. Becoming the oil and wine blog stats have continued to grow during the months of August and September.
The blog received 4,840 views including 3,148 visitors in August and 4,983 views including 3,216 visitors in September.
16. You can trust the Word of God and let His Word be final in your life.
Thank you for reading, following, and supporting this blog. Follow the links to catch up on posts that you have missed.
The blessings of the Lord make us rich and add no sorrow (Proverbs 10:22). His blessings are more than I can count so I will stop at sixteen.
How about you?
Share with us some of God’s favor upon your life.
The most popular posts for August are Blog Stats! How Important Is It? with fifty-five likes and twenty-two comments, The origin of writing with fifty-three likes and fourteen comments, and The Day The Earth Rested with fifty likes and twenty comments.
Other popular posts
The post entitled Praying for the family received the highest hits in the month of September with fifty-one likes and eighteen comments.
This stats is assuring me that I need to continue to pray for our families in the month of October.
Other popular posts
As usual, this blog received views from all over the world. Today we will feature two countries that many of us are not familiar with.
Seychelles, island republic in the western Indian Ocean, comprising about 115 islands, with lush tropical vegetation, beautiful beaches, and a wide variety of marine life. Continue Britannica.com
Côte d’Ivoire is also known as the Ivory Coast is located on the south coast of West Africa. The area became a protectorate of France in 1843 and was consolidated as a French colony in 1893.
The country gained independence in 1960, led by Félix Houphouët-Boigny, who ruled the country until 1993. Read more on Wikipedia.org
Thank you for reading and continue to enjoy the blessings of the Lord.