The Thirteenth Disciple Tag
Thank you, Mrs. Holliman, for tagging me. I appreciate that you think of me whenever you receive these tags and awards.
Mrs. Holliman has an inspiring blog called God’s Love. It is very motivational and encouraging. Please visit and show some love.
This tag was created by Purple Rose from the blog, A Reluctant Preacher’s Daughter.
So here are the rules to this tag:
- Thank the person who tagged you and includes a link to their post
- Link the original post (The Thirteenth Disciple Tag) and give credit to the creator of this tag, Purple Rose.
- Answer the 13 questions asked by Purple Rose
- Tag as many people as you like
- Use the original tag image as the FEATURED image on your post:
My questions and answers
1. Which disciple is your favorite?
After doing some research I learned that Luke was not one of the twelve disciples but may have been part of the seventy disciples that Jesus sent out to gather in the harvest (See Luke 10).
Anyway, my favorite disciples are John and Luke.
2. How often do you pray The Lord’s Prayer?
The Lord’s prayer is a guide or formulae of how we should pray. I tried to follow this formula every day.
3. How often do you take communion?
My church has communion service every first Sunday in the month. However, since this COVI-19 pandemic, it has been very difficult to observe communion.
I used to take communion with my children every Sunday after dinner and pray together. I think I will be returning to this practice.
4. Do you listen to sermons during the week?
Most nights I listened to Charles Lawson before going to bed.
5. If Jesus asked you to have your own small group of 4, which 3 disciples or Bible Characters would you choose to be in your weekly prayer group?
My prayer group would consist of David, Joseph, Daniel, and Moses. They all had a powerful prayer life.
6. Why did you choose those 3?
I chose four. I could not leave out Daniel. I chose David because of his repenting heart and he knew how and when to seek the Lord.
I chose Joseph because of his patience, self-control, and perseverance; Daniel because he was a prayer warrior and Moses because he had a close relationship with God and he was an intercessor.
7. Which Bible characters do you relate to or understand the most?
I can relate to Moses because of his relationship with God.
8. Which disciple would you be with the most?
Peter. I would like to get a better understanding of him.
9. Which disciple would you get along with the best?
My answer is the same as number one.
10. If you were in the painting of the Last Supper, where would you be sitting?
I am not too keen on that painting.
11. Peter carried a sword and cut off a soldier’s ear in an attempt to protect Jesus. If you were there that night, what would your reaction have been to the soldiers coming to arrest Jesus?
I am not a violent person so I guess my first reaction would be to run.
In today’s world where the police and soldiers would have guns, I would drop my weapon and hold my hands in the air hoping that they would not shoot an unarmed woman.
12. We all need a Simon Peter in our life, someone who carries a “sword” and will fight for you. Who is/was your Simon Peter?
Thank God, He is fighting my battle and that is enough.
13. Similar to Jesus, we all have a Judas in our lives who helps us fulfill our destiny or find our purpose. Can you look back and appreciate their role in your life despite the harm they did or the hurt they caused?
I don’t think I had a “Judas” in my life, but I have been through some trials in life and the Lord has taken me through.
The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all. He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken. (Psalms 34:18-20)
I wish to nominate everyone that read this post.
You are nominated for the Thirteenth Disciple Tag!
Thank you for reading and participating.