The Importance Of Obedience
The Lord contsantly encourages us in His Word that we should obey His voice.
Multiple blessings await you when you are obedient to the Holy Spirit who is your guide.
Let us examine why we need to obey the Lord and how to obey the voice of God.
- Obedience to the Holy Spirit will lead to righteousness.
- Disobedience can hinder your blessings and keep you from enjoying a full relationship with God.
What then? Shall we sin because we are not under law but under grace? Certainly not! Do you not know that to whom you present yourselves slaves to obey, you are that one’s slaves whom you obey, whether of sin leading to death or of obedience leading to righteousness? (Romans 6:15-16NKJV)
- Pull down strongholds such as pride.
- Cast down every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God.
- Examine your thoughts and ensure that they are in alignement with the Word of God.
- Punish every disobedient thought.
For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ and being ready to punish all disobedience when your obedience is fulfilled. (2 Corinthians 6:3-6NKJV)