Seven Reasons To Give Thanks
Have a blessed Thanksgiving day!
We need to give God thanks everyday during the good times and even in the bad times.
Having a grateful heart will give you peace of mind and contentment.
The following are seven other benefits of thanksgiving.
1. The Lord will bless your free will offering and your sacrifice of thanksgiving during times of trials (Leviticus 22:29).
I will offer to You the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the Lord. (Psalms 116:17)
2. Thanksgiving will become a part of you when you pray daily and build a relationship with God (Nehemiah 11:17)
Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving (Colossians 4:2)
3. Your thanksgiving to the Lord is a celebration to Him. (Nehemiah 12:27)
Sing to the Lord with thanksgiving; sing praises on the harp to our God. (Psalms 147:7)
4. You express your love to God through thanksgiving (Psalms 116:1)
I will love You, O Lord, my strength. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.(Psalms 18:1-2)
5. Thanksgiving will build up your faith and decrease stress (Philippians 4:6)
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. (Philippians 4:6)
6. Thanksgiving will anchor you in the Lord.
As you, therefore, have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, rooted and built up in Him and established in the faith, as you have been taught, abounding in it with thanksgiving. (Colossians 2:6-7)
7. Thanksgiving will give you comfort and peace (Isaiah 52:3)
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God. (2 Corinthians 1:3-4)
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Special thanks to all my blogging friends who have supported this blog throughout the years.
May God bless and keep you. May His face shines upon you and give you peace.