How To Maintain Your Blessings
Are you enjoying your blessings?
Yes! You must feel free to enjoy all the wonderful things that the Lord provides for you.
The Lord provided houses that you did not build and vineyards you did not plant.
He provided the delicious fruits of the land – the grapes, oranges, olives, apples, pomegranates and strawberries, to name a few.
Your table is overflowing with bountiful blessings, and you can see your enemies looking on in amazement.
They cannot understand how or why you have obtained so much great things.
After all, you were once broke and destitute without a dime to your name.
How could you reach such a high level?
What did you do to deserve your blessings?
You smile to yourself because you know that you have not done anything great.
All that you did was to love the Lord with all your heart and soul and obey Him. Consequently, you fall under His mercy and blessings.
However, did you know that it is possible for these great blessings to cease?
If you forsake the Lord and serve foreign gods, then He will turn and do you harm and consume you, after He has done you good. (Joshua 24:20)
Therefore, you need to maintain your blessings by adhering to the will of God and obeying His judgments.
Maintaining your blessings
The judgments of the Lord are His final rulings, which are genuine and righteous (Psalms 19:9).
Therefore, when you enter your Promised Land, you must abide by the following instructions from God.
- Ensure that you conquer all the enemies in the land and make no covenant with them. Your enemies are the evil spirits of Satan and these include fear, pride, anger, gossiping and all other destructive attitudes.
- Teach your children the Word of God and how to be obedient to Him.
- Destroy all the idols and graven images in the land. Money and material possessions can become idols if you allow them to consume your thoughts and life. Never forget that the Lord gives you wealth to give to the poor and defenseless.
- The Lord chose you to be holy and to be an example in the world. You are light and salt of the earth (Matthew 5:13-16).
- Be kind and loving to your neighbor. Love and obey the Lord.
- The Lord is faithful and will keep His covenant and mercy for a thousand generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments (Deuteronomy 7:8-10).
Your obedience will generate even more blessings
- The favor of the Lord will continue over your life.
- You will not experience any barrenness in your life.
- You will always receive the best of the oil and the wine.
- You will be the head and not the tail. You will be above and not beneath.
- Your household will never lack anything that is good.
- The Lord will ensure that the sicknesses and diseases of the Egyptians (enemy) will not harm you.
- The Lord will rebuke the enemy for your sake, and you will enjoy His full protection.
References: Deuteronomy 7; 28; Psalms 23