Sunshine Blogger Award #3 & 4
I would like to thank Matt of Jesusluvsall’s blog for nominating me once again for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
Check out his blog. It is awesome!
I was also nominated by Temi at Christian Mommas for this awesome award. Please visit their blog and enjoy their inspirational posts.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
- List the rules and display an award logo on your blog post.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and notify them by commenting on any of their posts.
- Ask the nominees 11 new questions.
My questions from Matt.
- What is your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate it? I like every public holiday. Any free days that I get from work I spent them at home resting, sleeping and writing.
- If you could travel in space, would you? No, I would not!. I firmly believe that outer space was not meant for men to travel or explore. We can do limited exploration for scientific reasons but not with the intention to inhabit.
- Dogs or cats? If you answer cats, we can still be friends even though it is the wrong answer haha. Sorry to disappoint you, Matt, but I like cats.
- Besides Lord of the Rings, the best movies ever, and Star Wars, tied for best movies ever, what is your favorite movie? I have not watched any of those movies that you mentioned, but my favorite movies are Matilda; Rat Race; Mouse Hunt. Favorite sitcoms are Middle (because the little boy, Brick, reminds me of my son); Good Luck Charlie; Fresh Prince of Belair; Golden Girls; Three is Company; Everybody loves Raymond. (I have no interest in these modern sitcoms)
- If I was your neighbor, could I visit for dinner? If so, how often? I don’t usually invite my neighbors to dinner because we do not really do that in our culture unless our neighbors are close friends. But, we share things like food, fruits, books, clothes, gifts etc with our neighbors. However, just for you Matt, I would invite you over for dinner because I know that cooking is not your best gift (LOL).
- What is a place where you live that you recommend people visit? Jamaica; Jamaica; Jamaica! Did you know that Tripadvisor’s travelers ranked Jamaica as the 14th best destination to visit in the world and the top destination in the Caribbean? Yes, you can check it out here. According to the Jamaica Tourist Board, Jamaica received 4.3 million tourists in 2017. This is more than the population of Jamaica. Visit Jamaica!
- What is a favorite quote of yours and by who? I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Philippians 4:13)
- What does Christmas mean to you? It is a time of reflection and thanksgiving to God for sending us His Son to die for our sins. It is a time to give God thanks for keeping me through another year and it is a time to look forward to another year of closer communion with God.
- Why do you blog? What motivates you to blog? I blog because God called me into it. I love writing and blogging is helping me to improve my writing skills. Writing is like music. It gets better with daily practice.
- When you write in your blog, where do you like to be and do you snack? I like to write around my computer and sometimes I do snack.
- If Jesus knocked on your door, what would you think? He has already knocked on the door of my heart over forty years ago and I did let Him inside.
My questions from Temi
- How did you get started blogging?
I began to blog in 2014 because God called me into it. When I first started I did not know what I was doing.
I did not not even know what a blog was? I did not have a computer or internet at my home.
In spite of all these setbacks, I was 100 percent positive that God wanted me to start a blog.
So, I enlisted the help of my reluctant children and then God led me to a blog (Kingdom Ambassadors) of one my coworkers who came over to my department at work to help me (yes, I had to use my work place internet and computer to write and published my first post).
It was terrible! But, later after much editing, it has improved. My first blog post: Challenges of Relocation.
It is a long post, but please read it if you want to learn more about me.
2. Other than Jesus what Biblical “character” would you most like to spend time with?
Moses, because I would like to learn from him his humility and patience. The fact that he talked to God face to face is remarkable and I would love to hear his experience first hand.
3. How many places have you lived?
Jamaica and the BVI.
4. Where/How do you blog (ie home office on PC, in my recliner on lap top)?
On a PC and sometimes at work in my free time and on my phone.
5. How has your life changed since you stared blogging?
My life has changed significantly. Before blogging I spend most of my free time watching TV.
Now I spend most of my time in the Bible and writing.
6. If you had zero subscribers, would you still blog?
Yes, I would still blog because I love it and I feel blessed to share my testimony and experience in writing.
7. Do you attend a small, medium or large church?
Small church. I don’t like large churches. I feel lost in them.
8. Why did you choose that particular congregation?
When I first attended the church, I sensed that there were a lot of hurting women in the church.
I was a hurting woman also and somehow I felt comfortable to be among those who were hurting even though I knew at the time that I could not help them.
9. How long have you been a Christ-follower?
Since I was ten or eleven.
10. What is your favorite holiday & why?
I like every public holiday. Any free days that I get from work I spent them at home resting, sleeping and writing.
11. Other than blogging, are you involved in any other ministry?
Not really. I like to help in any area that I can.
I have already nominated most of the bloggers who I know will participate and I do not want to pressure them anymore. I know that time is precious.
Therefore, my nominations are opened to anyone who would like to participate by answering eleven of the twenty-two questions above.
Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.