The Will Of God
The will of God incorporates the divine plans that He has for us from the foundation of the world.
The Lord designed a set of plans for every one of us and He established them in place at the begining of creation.
These plans include reproduction and replenishment of the earth, our salvation, healing and restoration.
But, the Lord also has a specific plan for each individual and these include your gifts and calling, and your divine destiny.
If you do not know your special role on earth, you can seek the Lord and He will reveal it to you.
The will of the Lord also includes His desire for us to live an abundant life right here on earth. A life that is faith-filled, stree free, healthy and happy.
We can achieve this abundant life when we are obedient to God’s will or expectation of us.
God’s expectations for us
- The Lord requires us to give thanks in everything and in every situation.
This is a difficult task especially when you are experiencing hardship.
Your thanksgiving to God while in dire circumstances will become a sacrifice to Him. And God honors the sacrifice of thanksgiving.
- God wants our obedience so that we can walk in our healing and deliverance.
“If you diligently heed the voice of the Lord your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the Lord who heals you.” (Exodus 15:26)
- The Lord’s will for us is to serve Him with all our heart and soul, and He will bless our substance and heal our bodies.
“So you shall serve the Lord your God, and He will bless your bread and your water. And I will take sickness away from the midst of you. (Exodus 23:25)
- The Lord’s will is to establish us as a holy people unto Himself.
God wants us to be above the enemy and not beneath him. He wants us to be the head – a part of the family of the Godhead – and not at the tail of the serpent (Deuteronomy 28).
- God’s desire for us is to allow Him to dwell permanently in our hearts.
Why do you fume with envy, you mountains of many peaks? This is the mountain which God desires to dwell in; Yes, the Lord will dwell in it forever. (Psalm 68:16)
- The will of the Lord for us is that we repent or face His judgment.
“Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways,” says the Lord God. “Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin. (Ezekiel 18:30)
- The Lord’ s will for us is that we seek good and not evil.
Seek good and not evil, That you may live; So the Lord God of hosts will be with you, as you have spoken. (Amos 5:14)
- God’s will for us is that we praise and glorify Him.
Whoever offers praise glorifies Me And to him who orders his conduct arightI will show the salvation of God. (Psalm 50:23)
- The will of the Lord is to give us the Holy Spirit because He makes intercession for us according to the will of the Father.
Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God. (Romans 8:27)
- The will of the Lord for each of us is that we are pure and abstain from sexual immorality.
For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality (1 Thessalonians 4:3)