The Inheritance Of The Righteous
Being born again through Jesus Christ afforded you the right to become the righteousness of God.
There are some exclusive benefits for being righteous. Others may try to claim these benefits, but they will not obtain them because they are the heritage of the righteous.
The righteous and their descendants will never beg bread.
I have been young, and now am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his descendants begging bread. He is ever merciful, and lends; and his descendants are blessed. (Psalms 37:25-26)
Begging has become a culture in many churches. It is practiced under the disguise of “seed sowing.”
2. The Lord upholds the righteous.
Though the righteous will be afflicted, he will never be forsaken and not one of his bones will be broken.
3. The righteous will not be ashamed in the evil time and in the days of famine will be satisfied.
4. The righteous do not borrow.
The wicked borrow and do not repay, but as the righteousness of God, you will lend and not borrow. More importantly, the righteous shows mercy and give.
5. The righteous will not only inherit the land but will dwell in it forever.
6. The mouth of the righteous speaks wisdom and his tongue talks of justice. The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide. (Psalms 37:30-31)
7. The righteous will never be slain by the wicked.
8. The steps of the righteous are ordered by the Lord and He delights in His ways.
9. The future of the righteous is peace.
But the salvation of the righteous is from the Lord; He is their strength in the time of trouble. And the Lord shall help them and deliver them; He shall deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in Him. (Psalms 37:39-40)
The enemy’s strategy is to make us obligated to others so he encourages us to borrow.
The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is servant to the lender. (Proverbs 22:7)
The enemy wants to keep us in a state of deprivation so he encourages us to beg.
Instead of borrowing and begging, give to the needy.